Saturday, October 3, 2009

Arrived in Seoul

I had an uneventful trip from Narita to Seoul. I had this fear that it would be difficult to navigate gates and flight numbers and immigration. My bad! In this day of computer boards and world-wide travel, it is easy to find what you need without language.
By the time the flight took off at 8:00pm  in Narita, i was beginning to feel the effects of the day long travel. I napped, almost, missing the inflight snack. Some fruit, a fried chicken thing and two portable Sushi rolls.
You get this thing wrapped in clear cellophane. Following the instructions in Korean and Japanese or the, not so clear, pictures, you unwrap the cellophane cover to expose the dry seaweed paper. Then you unwrap the Sushi rice cone, it has a cone shape not a cylindrical shape, and wrap the seaweed around the whole thing. If you desire, which i did, you can squirt some soy sauce on it from a cute little plastic vile. Aside from the texture of the seaweed, it really wasn't bad at all.
On the flight, i saw everyone filling out a little card. I know i have filled out an entry card for every country, save Canada and Mexico, that i have visited. I did not connect the dots. That meant when i had a choice position in line, i went to the immigration office with passport in hand and no card. Back of the end of the line i went after filling out said card. Oh well.
I saw my daughter and Sasha and almost cried. I am sure i will when i leave but now held my dry eyed ground. It was nice to be done traveling and among people you love and missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment