Saturday, January 9, 2016

Jan 8th...
Starting over. I had a post ready to go and lost the internet connection. I hoped my save of the file would make it a draft and i would have it once internet returned. No such luck. So i will start with today and catch up this evening.
We awoke in Fort Myers with a decision to make. We could head south for 5  hours and visit Key West or head north 3 hours and visit Animal Kingdom. We have a Christmas gift for the Kingdom. Deb, checked the weather and the Keys' had a forecast of Thundershowers for the next three days. Not so Orlando.
Due to my infirmity, revealed in the next post, i opted for Orlando and, more importantly, Deb decided Orlando too. I fell asleep in the master bedroom only to wake upon approach to the campgrounds.
Fort Wilderness offers 2600 campsites with electric, water and cable hookups. I did not see but one or two empty sites in our 300 level sit but i did not see any vacant levels.
In our camp level i saw pricey, i mean pricey, motorhomes. I can only guess but we certainly can guess $150K for some of the larger models. They seem permanently placed on their sites. I think that they must purchase the site or at least lease the site for the winter. At $102 a day, i don't see them staying long term. Though if you can afford a $150k motorhome...
We settled in for the night taking comfort in the knowledge that we may have a small home, but we could look down our haughty noses at the ones in tent! ha!
We had dinner at Davey Crockett's place where i had my first meal of substance in three days.It stayed down.
sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment